TRANSITION FORUM 2020: TIME TO SCALE UP — ONLINE EDITION launches May 28, 2020 at 5pm Paris (CEST)/11am New York (EDT)/8am (Los Angeles) PDT
PARIS, FRANCE, May 21, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — As the world plans for post-pandemic economic recovery, the third annual TRANSITION FORUM will convene global climate innovators, business leaders, investors, policymakers and visionaries to focus on scaling up climate action to build a more resilient and sustainable future.
From 28 May through 25 June, TRANSITION FORUM will livestream a series of 5 dynamic, live discussions with world-class speakers and offer participants around the world unique online networking opportunities through virtual breakout rooms and AI-powered matchmaking, all in a seamless, interactive, digital format.
“We are more committed than ever to accelerating the transition to a low-carbon future, through identifying and scaling up innovative solutions for humans to prosper while preserving our planet,” said Lionel Le Maux, President, Aqua Asset Management, and Founding President of TRANSITION FORUM. “It is critical that we seize this moment to rethink our business models and lifestyles and work together to build a more resilient, sustainable and inclusive economy.”
Over 40 international speakers from diverse sectors and industries will debate the theme “Time to Scale Up”, identify cutting-edge innovations, and decipher the challenges of bringing about systemic change in four key areas: Food, Housing, Mobility, and Production & Consumption.
The Forum’s international speakers include prominent international influencers — from government and business leaders to investors, entrepreneurs, innovators, top researchers, and members of civil society — who share a commitment to taking immediate action for a clean future.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Julie Andersen, Global CEO, Plastic Oceans International, United States
• Giulia Camilla Braga, Program Manager, Connect4Climate, United States
• Mark Brzezinski, Former United States Ambassador to Sweden, member of the U.S. National Security Council at the White House for the Clinton administration, United States
• Pierre Cannet, Director of Advocacy & Campaigns, WWF France, France
• Brandi De Carli, Founding Partner, Farm From a Box, United States
• Christian Estrosi, Mayor of Nice and President of the Nice Cote-d’Azur Metropolitan Area, , France
• Rinat Guy, Chief Innovation Officer, Municipality of Tel Aviv, Israel
• Huw W Hampston Jones, CEO, OXIS ENERGY, United Kingdom
• Paul Holthus, CEO, World Ocean Council, United States
• Alzbeta Klein, Director & Global Head of Climate Business, IFC, United States
• Sabrina Krief, Primatologist, Veterinarian and Professor, Museum of Natural History, France
• Lionel Le Maux, President, Aqua Asset Management, Founding President, TRANSITION FORUM, France
• Emmanuelle Maire, Head of Unit, Sustainable Production, Products & Consumption — Directorate General for Environment, European Commission, Belgium
• Renaud Muselier, President, Regional Council of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France
• Kanini Mutooni, Managing Director, Toniic Network, United Kingdom
• Emmanuel Nazarenko, Managing Director & Senior Partner, Boston Consulting Group, France
• Timothy Papandreou, Founder, Emerging Transport Advisors, United States
• David Rosenberg, CEO, Aerofarms, United States
• Michèle Sabban, President, R20 France and of the R20 Green Fund for Women, France
• Riaz Siddiqi, Chairman, Clovis Point Capital, United States
• Alexandra Wandel, Executive Director, World Future Council, Germany
ABOUT TRANSITION FORUM:
Transition Forum is a Paris-based, non-profit association which facilitates valuable exchanges and collaboration amongst a diverse community of engaged stakeholders committed to accelerating and supporting a sustainable ecological transition. The Association’s flagship TRANSITION FORUM is an exclusive annual gathering of global influencers and changemakers in business, government and civil society, investors, innovators, startup founders and entrepreneurs, top researchers, and scientists who share our vision for a clean and sustainable future. Participants can expect high-level exchanges as well as exclusive opportunities to network and forge valuable partnerships.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here